Did You Know?

Two men and zero women have been

executed in the United States in 2019.

78 Killed in Dhaka, Bangladesh
At least 78 individuals have been killed, and dozens injured, after a fire in the historic Dhaka district, the capital of Bangladesh. In the area of the fire, buildings are closely packed together, with narrow streets, and many buildings are run-down. The fire is believed to have been caused when fuel cylinder in a car exploded. The fire spread rapidly. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Please pray for healing for the injured. Please pray for all that are affected.
9 Killed in Chittagong, Bangladesh
At least nine individuals have been killed, and over 50 others injured, after a fire in a slum in Chittagong, Bangladesh. The cause of the fires is suspected to be a short circuit. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Please pray for healing for the injured. Please pray for all those affected.
5 Killed in Aurora, Illinois
Five individuals were shot and killed at a manufacturing plant in Aurora, Illinois. Five police officers were injured and the gunman was eventually killed by the police. On the day of the shooting, the shooter was being fired from his position at the plant, where he had worked for the last 15 years. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Please pray for healing for the injured. Please pray for peace.
4 Killed in Kashmir
Four Indian soldiers have been killed in India-administered Kashmir, following a clash with militants. Recently, in the same region, over 40 others were killed in a suicide attack. Pakistani and Indian forces have been battling over the area. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Please pray for peace.
Flooded Gold Mine in Zimbabwe
Nine miners have been rescued alive from a flooded, illegal gold mine in Zimbabwe, while the bodies of 24 others have been recovered. Flooding occurring after a dam burst. While nine have been rescued, dozens of others remain missing and are feared dead. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Please pray for the missing miners and for their families.
Force Withdraw Agreement in Yemen
Government and rebel forces have reached an agreement to withdraw forces around the port of Hudaydah. The withdraw is part of a ceasefire agreement reached last year. The conflict began in 2015, and has resulted in thousands of civilian deaths and injuries. Please pray for peace in the region. Please pray for the families of the deceased and for healing for the injured.
7 Killed in Haiti
At least seven individuals have been killed as a result of protests against the government in Haiti. Protesters are protesting the soaring inflation and accuse the government of corruption and misappropriation of funds. The protesters have also asked for the resignation of President Jovenel Moise. The President has rejected the idea. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Pleas pray for peace.
17 Killed in New Delhi, India
At least 17 individuals have been killed after a fire in a hotel in New Delhi, India. Thirty-five others were rescued from the fire and 19 were taken to the hospital for injured. The cause of the fire is under investigation. Please pray for the families of the deceased. Please pray for healing for the injured.
Heat Wave in Australia
A record heat wave, following a record drought, in Australia have farmers, and others, worried. The drought and heat have caused animals to die and worries that crops will not be able to be planted. Across the globe, the United States is experiencing record cold temperatures. Please pray for all those affected by extreme temperatures. Please pray for their safety and health.

March 14, 2017


James Eugene Bigby was executed by the state of Texas on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.  James was pronounced dead sometime at 6:31 pm CDT, inside the Walls Unit execution chamber at the Huntsville State Penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas.  James was 61 years of age.  He was executed for the murder of 26-year-old Michael Trekell, Michael’s 4-month-old son Jayson Kehler, Calvin Wesley Crane, and Frank “Bubba” Johnson, on December 23-24, 1987, in Tarrant County, Texas.  James spent the last 25 years of his life on Texas’ death row


James had a difficult upbringing.  His mother allegedly drank while pregnant with him and breastfed him until the age of seven.  James’ mother also gave away his siblings to be raised by other relatives.  He grew up fearing that his mother would abandon him, as his father had.  Additionally, his mother and siblings all suffer from mental health issues and have struggled to live successful lives.  James had previously been hospitalized multiple times for schizo-affective disorder and depression.  He had also received electroshock therapy during one of his stays.  James had previously been arrested and served time for various robberies and a sexual assault charge.  James dropped out of school following the ninth grade and worked at Frito-Lay prior to his arrest as an auto mechanic.


In late December 1987, James Bigby had a pending worker’s compensation claim against his employer, Frito-Lay.  Bigby was paranoid that several of his friends were conspiring against him to thwart his claim.  On December 23, 1987, Bigby bought two steaks and took them to the home of his friend, Michael Trekell, who also had a four-month-old son, Jayson, in Fort Worth, Texas.  While Michael prepared the steaks, Bigby shot and killed him.  Bigby then drowned Jayson in the sink.


Bigby left the murder scene and drove to the apartment of his friend Calvin Crane.  Bigby and Calvin talked for a short time before Bigby asked Calvin to drive him to the store.  Calvin agreed and on the way back from the store, Bigby forced Clavin, at gunpoint, to pull over and get out of the truck.  Bigby shot Calvin in the head, killing him.  Bigby left Calvin’s body along side the road and drove the truck back to Calvin’s apartment, retrieved several items from his car, and left again in Calvin’s truck.


Bigby then drove to Arlington, Texas, and arrived at the home of Frank “Bubba” Johnson, around 3:20 am on December 24, 1987.  Bigby rang to doorbell and Bubba answered.  After a short discussion, Bigby shot Bubba three times, killing him.  Bigby fled the scene in Calvin’s truck.


A massive manhunt ensued, and Bigby was arrested on December 26, 1987, after a stand-off at a local motel.  A police negotiator had to be called in to talk to Bigby and get him to surrender.  While talking to the negotiator, Bigby confessed to the murders.  He also later gave a written confession, after being arrested by police.


During Bigby’s 1991 trial, Bigby seized a loaded revolver from the judge’s bench during a recess.  Bigby walked into the judge’s chamber and pointed the gun at the judge saying, “Let’s go, Judge.”  The judge was quickly able to disarm Bigby and he was subdued.  Bigby’s lawyers attempted to have the judge removed from the case and a mistrial declared, but they were unsuccessful.  Bigby’s lawyers attempted to mount an insanity defense for Bigby, but they were unsuccessful.  The jury found Bigby guilty and he was sentenced to death.


Please pray for peace and healing for the families of the Michael Trekell, Jayson Kehler, Calvin Crane, and Frank Johnson.  Please pray for strength for the family of James Bigby.


Join us on Facebook and Twitter


Daily Reading 

Only through a relationship with Jesus Christ can anyone hope to separate themselves from the power of sin in this world. Through Him, all things are made new. For a complete listing of readings, please download our Bible Study.




 For more information regarding financial support, please click here.
Joomla templates by Joomlashine